[coreboot] Dell PE2850 with coreboot.

Vincent Legoll vincent.legoll at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 14:10:37 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Michal Widlok <michalwd1979 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Flash is soldered, however I'm prepared to desolder it and install a
> socket. I also can copy original BIOS to other chip to have a spare.
> Fortunately I have required equipment here :-).

That's good, in my (very small) experience with coreboot, you have to

> However I really would like to talk to with a person who already tried
> this on Dell servers. I don't feel good enough in linux/C/PCs to be
> the first one who will install coreboot on a rack server. I did not
> think about coreboot before, but some time ago I saw a WIP for dell
> 1850, and this triggerd me to post to the list.

If the motherboard components are listed as supported by coreboot,
testing is easy, especially if a similar motherboard is already working.

Depending on the similarity level you may just try a coreboot image for
the other mobo and see how far it goes.

--
Vincent Legoll