[coreboot] Homemaid LPC flasher

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Nov 7 00:32:58 CET 2008

Hello everyone. Sorry for the quietness lately, I have been out straight at
work implimenting a new tape library project (BRMS for those of you that
know AS400's). Kind of cool working with LTO4's (1 1/2 terabites) and a
tape library that can hold 110 LTO4's (IBM TS3310).

Anyways, I am going to start a project based on a very simple and CHEAP LPC
flasher originally designed for the xbox.
http://rex.xbox-scene.com/LPC2/LPC2.html
I have a friend that has already tested this on fwh hubs (SST49LF008A to be
exact) and it worked great.
I have placed an order so the parts should be arriving soon. The downside
is the software is only for dos/win, but the software source code is also
available on the site. I think it would be pretty easy to convert it to
Linux. I am trying to get a hold of the original author for permission to
release it under a GPL.

My question to the coreboot community is…..
I have no problem hosting this project on my site, but would everyone like
me to incorporate this project into coreboot? If so is anyone interested in
helping?

By the way Stefan great work on the i945!!
Those Intel doors are starting to slowly creep open...

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith