[coreboot] and/or busybox issue with alix2c3 serial console

Roman Yeryomin leroi.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 00:23:35 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:16 AM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Roman Yeryomin <leroi.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I agree that there is something to do with busybox also but it still
>> works with factory bios! Why?
>

> OK so what we have is a /dev/console issue.
>
> Try to write a simple script:
>
> touch /tmp/ALIVE
>
> Make that script be your init (make sure to set the x bits and put the
> right #! shell for first line). Let's verify that we can run a simple
> script, that may help with diagnosis

I can do that directly in preinit just after proc, sys and tmpfs are
mounted but before everything else.
For now I did

touch /tmp/alive
echo "ALIVE" > /tmp/alive2

and get

ls -la /tmp/alive*
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Nov 30  1999 /tmp/alive
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          131 Nov 30  1999 /tmp/alive2

cat /tmp/alive2
ALIVE
[sighandler]: No more events to be processed, quitting.
[cleanup]: Waiting for children.
[cleanup]: All children terminated.

I don't understand where these three lines came from but they are there.

Roman