[coreboot] LinuxTag 2008 Status

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Sat May 31 00:39:58 CEST 2008

On 30/05/08 18:06 -0400, Joseph Smith wrote:
> Chaining is a great idea also. It could be specified with a 1,2,3,4,5
> option line with 1 being first and 5 being last. My question about this is
> with chaining, how is bayou and or the payload going to know when to break
> and move on to the next payload?? Will we have to modify all of the
> payloads to break and return to bayou on a error or interactive message?
> Something like "This payload is not able to complete successfully. Would you
> like to return to bayou and run your next choosen payload[Y/n]?"

Clearly if you want a chain of N payloads, then you are going to need
to have N-1 payloads that cleanly return.  Thats just going to have to
be one of those assumptions that we can't change.

I would prefer to keep each payload as standalone as possible - they
shouldn't have to know they are being managed by the chooser.  So, yes,
if the payload errors out and you want bayou to know about it, then
you'll have to make sure it returns an error code of some sort.
Again, this is reasonable, and easily managed with libpayload.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer