[coreboot] legacybios boots on epia-m

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed May 28 04:12:21 CEST 2008

Hi,

I wanted to give a quick update on "legacybios".  This past weekend, I
was able to successfully boot linux via "legacybios" on my epia-m.
Now that I have vga working on epia-m I've also confirmed that
"legaybios" driven vga and keyboard also works.  I've placed the elf
image I used at:

http://linuxtogo.org/~kevin/legacybios/bios.bin.elf-20080526

For source, please see:

http://git.linuxtogo.org/

The main thing that was preventing booting before was an error in the
ide detect code that was causing the ata reset to not properly wait
for the drive to be ready.  I've also ran into an issue with the APM
bios, but I've simply disabled it for now.

There is still plenty of things to do, but I thought I'd give an
update on progress.

-Kevin