[coreboot] Need help with VGA on epia-m

aaron lwe aaron.lwe at gmail.com
Tue May 27 05:04:02 CEST 2008

> To clarify before when I load coreboot + vgabios I can get X to work, but no console vga.

sorry I misunderstand you. well, I did get vga console work but X work
rather worse, at most 640x480 resolution...

> With or without BOCHS I have not been able to get Console VGA.
> When BOCHS is included or not included, X still works. It looks like X does
> not need BOCHS.

That's right, bochs bios has nothing to do with X, the sole purpose of
bochs bios is to run vgabios, after vgabios finished, bochs bios is
cleared, linux never see bochs bios, see vga.c for detail.

-Aaron