[coreboot] Need help with VGA on epia-m

bari bari at onelabs.com
Tue May 27 04:53:06 CEST 2008

aaron lwe wrote:
>> Config.lb in targets/via/epia-cn has:
>>
>> cat vgabios bochsbios coreboot.rom > coreboot.rom.final
>> option ROM_SIZE=512*1024 - 64*1024 - 64*1024
>>
>> Yet I get the same results with VGA if BOCHS is not included. BOCHS does not
>> seem to have an effect on X sever and VGA.
>>

> If you do not include bochs, vgabios should bail out ;-)

With or without BOCHS I have not been able to get Console VGA.

When BOCHS is included or not included, X still works. It looks like X
does not need BOCHS.

X does not work without the vgabios included.

I have not yet tried the unichrome drivers that appear to not need
vgabios at all.

http://unichrome.sourceforge.net/

-Bari