[coreboot] Gigabyte M57SLI - 4MB Chip - LAB doesn't boot like expected

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Mon May 26 23:32:25 CEST 2008

Am Samstag, 24. Mai 2008 20:46:49 schrieb Carl-Daniel Hailfinger:
> On 24.05.2008 19:31, Harald Gutmann wrote:
> >>
> >> Don't use the tukaani.org lzma-utils. They have a different header
> >> format and our decompression will choke on it.
> >
> > I just used the utils to decompress the compressed payload, and diffed it
> > against the uncompressed which is generated from buildrom-devel.
> >
> > I didn't use those tools to create a coreboot rom file, i just used
> > buildrom-devel and did the changes which i posted in the start-mail of
> > that thread.
>
> Very strange. Can you try the compressed payload I uploaded to
> http://rapidshare.de/files/39510268/lab-payload.elf.correctlzma.html and
> report back?

I tried it now to build an image with the playload from the link, but it has
the same problem than i've with my coreboot.rom file.
LZMA Error on booting and the scratchpad-size reported with your previous
patch is also the same like with the original rom-file from me.

Thanks anyway.

Is it possible to flash an rom-file with lower file-size than the chip has,
and to boot from it? As this would work i'd try to generate a rom-file with 1
or 2MB. My "problem" is, that i've just an 512kB Chip, and the 4MB one, and
on 512kB there is too less space for LAB or linux as payload.

> Regards,
> Carl-Daniel
Regards,
Harald