[coreboot] flashrom FreeBSD port

Jonathan A. Kollasch jakllsch at kollasch.net
Thu May 22 05:16:44 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 11:35:41AM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> Changes to make flashrom compile (and work) on FreeBSD.
> This patch addresses different argument order of outX() calls,
> FreeBSD-specific headers, difference in certain type names and system
> interface names, and also FreeBSD-specific way of gaining IO port
> access.

This doesn't solve a general problem.  There isn't a standard wrapper
around I/O-space access functions.  For instance the functions that
do this on on NetBSD recently were made kernel-only.

The solution I'd like to see is for a program that needs I/O-space
access to supply it's own wrapper.  Not that I'm expecting this
to change ...

	Jonathan Kollasch