[coreboot] New Board?: CK804K8MA-KS

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed May 21 15:34:57 CEST 2008

Hi Klaus,

On 21.05.2008 09:55, Klaus Zimmermann wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 20.05.2008, 23:29 +0200 schrieb Klaus Zimmermann:
>
>> Hello *,
>>
>> I'd like to start support for my old board, the CK804K8MA-KS
>> On IRC I was told to post 'lspci -tvnn', 'superiotool -dV' and I'll add
>> 'lspci -vvv'.
>>

> All work and no play makes Klaus a dull boy.

Short answer: Support is doable, but it will take some time. Most
developers are occupied with important projects for the next few weeks,
so expect slow responses.
First thing to investigate is whether you flash chip is socketed. If it
is, test flashrom support and keep a backup of your current flash chip
contents handy. You either need a ROM emulator (Bari's PLAICE or the
Artec Dongle) or a few spare flash chips you can program in another board.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel