[coreboot] Booting Geode LX processor autonomously

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed May 21 12:34:48 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:08:16PM +0200, llandre wrote:
> I'm working with the LPC dongle by Artec to emulate boot flash.
..
> When I disconnect the JTAG debugger and set irq13 to 0 to let the
> processor to boot from the LPC dongle flash, it does not boot. Do
> I need to perform other operations to let it boot autonomously?

No, it should work without changes.

But how do you provide power to the dongle?

Note that the dongle uses an Altera FPGA with the logic definition
stored in an external flash memory, this flash memory is read by the
FPGA on power up. There's also a power-up delay for the FPGA.

In total the dongle needs a few 100 ms to boot. The Geode needs to
read from the memory before that time, so if you don't power the
Artec dongle externally (e.g. USB cable) you will not be able to
boot from it.

//Peter