[coreboot] Contact Intel

Richard M Stallman rms at gnu.org
Mon May 19 13:45:09 CEST 2008

When I wrote before about writing to Intel, I had considered only part
of the issue.  So I feel obligated to fill in the part of the picture
that was missing.

The messages you send to Intel's customer service in favor of free
BIOS support are not read or answered by someone who has the authority
to change Intel's policy.  That's the part I considered before.

The part I overlooked is that these messages are part of a campaign.
Sending many letters to Intel has the effect of showing Intel that the
public is concerned about the issue.  So even if the people who read
these messages only send back a canned response, they tell people
higher up that the public is concerned about the issue.  More letters
mean more pressure.

So it is useful to send the messages.