[coreboot] [patch] Cleanups in Makefile for flashrom and superiotool

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun May 18 15:11:48 CEST 2008

On 18.05.2008 14:52, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> 2008/5/18 Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net>:
>

>> I can understand setting PREFIX, but the reason why you need to redefine
>> CFLAGS is a mystery to me.
>>

> We use our custom CFLAGS.
>
> -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
> -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i386
> -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables

And these custom CFLAGS are missing -DDISABLE_DOC in the flashrom case
(harmful). Furthermore, they are missing $(SVNDEF) for superiotool
(wrong, but only a nuisance).

> See here:
>
> http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-5-epel/39019-flashrom-0-0.9.20080517svn3332.el5/i386/build.log

The build log shows CFLAGS differing from the custom CFLAGS you listed
above.

>> Sorry, parts of both Makefile patches are obviously wrong and even
>> actively harmful
>>

> What parts?

The missing CFLAGS mentioned above.

>> Will the modified install section work with a non-FSF install program as
>> well, i.e. is it truly cross-platform?
>>

> No idea.

Sorry, then that part is a no-go. We are currently preparing flashrom
for FreeBSD compatibility and I don't want to ruin that.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel