[coreboot] flashrom: Support Pm49FL004/2 Block Locking Registers

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat May 17 03:22:24 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 03:12:05AM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> Instead of locking the chip, should we put it back to the state it
> was before? Does this make sense?

Good question. Actually I don't see why it would matter at all, what
matters is to unlock in order to erase or write.

I don't think any other part of flashrom bit twiddling does restore,
I'm not sure it actually matters anywhere?

I guess our policy is to leave bits unlocked. I'll read up on the PMC
chips and send a patch to remove the locking if it doesn't seem to be
harmful.

//Peter