[coreboot] SimNOW V2 LAB problem

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue May 13 23:20:06 CEST 2008

Yes, it fails before trying to insert the payload, so it doesn't matter
which payload you choose.

> The version (3092) assoc with the SimNOW platform build does not have
> the lxbios in the tree and fails the checkout during the build.
We should fix that, but I'm not sure where.  If you just type make again it
works, but all the util/ subdirectories are at whatever version your source
tree was before you did the checkout.

> What I have seen is that coreboot fails on final link with either
> .ram can't be allocated in segment 0
> or
> .rom can't be allocated in segment 0
>
> The only diff is the Config.lb file I used for coreboot.
>
> I have attached both files.
>
> One I had modified and the other is the original off a fresh checkout.
> (The only change was payload.elf -> payload.elf.lzma)
>
> Maybe I am doing something wrong  in configuring coreboot..

Try a different toolchain.  It's known to be broken for v2.

> Tinit & Coreinfo  both crashed on linking.  Both errors were the same:
> ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentaion Fault]

That's strange.  They both build fine for me, even on my machine that can't
build v2.  Did you try building them for v3 to narrow down the reason?

Thanks,
Myles