[coreboot] PCI bus mastering

Andrei Birjukov andrei.birjukov at artecdesign.ee
Fri May 9 16:31:11 CEST 2008

>> 2. Another option would be to globally force the PCI_COMMAND_MASTER
>> in pci_probe_dev(), if the base class is PCI_BASE_CLASS_NETWORK.
>>

> I don't like doing this unconditionally. Maybe add an option?

The condition is the base class of a PCI device. Currently, CoreBoot
does the following:

    /* Architectural/System devices always need to be bus masters. */
    if ((dev->class >> 16) == PCI_BASE_CLASS_SYSTEM) {
        dev->command |= PCI_COMMAND_MASTER;
    }

We could add PCI_BASE_CLASS_NETWORK there as well. Or did you mean an
externally configurable condition?

andrei