[coreboot] Erase sst_fwhub blockwise, and 1.0 call for input

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon May 5 16:47:08 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 04:16:02PM +0200, Claus Gindhart wrote:
> Instead of wiping out the whole sst_fwhub chip at once, the device
> is erased and programmed block by block.
> Additionally, blocks, which already contain the desired data, are
> skipped.

Hm, do we need/want to make these changes in every flash chip driver?

I will investigate refactoring this logic into the calling layer
instead. This will be a test of the block size info in flashchips.c.

Please don't commit this just yet.

No 1.0 so far. :( I'd appreciate many patches to the TESTED_ flags,
still have some texts to go through (though I've changed some) and
I'd like comments on the swapopts patch, as well as the fake chip
entry vs. force-read command and the suggestion to always make the
user confirm that the chipset probe is correct. (Not with -f though.)

//Peter