[coreboot] Non-coding project help

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun May 4 19:59:05 CEST 2008

On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 10:07:56AM +0200, arc wrote:
> I wrote to you because I REALLY want to help you.

Great! Are you subscribed to the mailing list? I'll stop sending you
copies in that case.

> I even ordered an OLPC because of the free bios in it.

Very admirable. :) It does have free boot firmware, but note that it
isn't coreboot anymore. They moved on to a completely custom firmware
since they don't really need any of the flexibility coreboot offers.

> I wrote to the coreboot list to ask how can I help you, how can I
> make some pressure or whatever.
>
> I don't know how to write code but I still want to help so if you
> had some suggestions for me I will accept them.

We could use help also with other tasks than writing code I am sure.
What are you good at? We could use a technical writer to make stellar
documentation and tutorials.

Are you knowledgeable in the low level technologies that coreboot
deals with? If not, are you interested in learning about it? There
are many opportunities and areas and we would be happy to help you.

I guess what I'm saying is that we don't have a action list with
non-coding tasks ready and that your ideas are welcome.

//Peter