[coreboot] patch: move audio, ehci, ohci IRQs from irq_table to cs5536 dts

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Sun May 4 16:15:39 CEST 2008

On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 12:34:42PM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:

> > > Dunno..
> >
> > I'd even say we have arrived.
>
> Strongly disagree.

Let's just say more work needs to be done. Polishing is really really really
important. We want to be better than the proprietary alternative - and that
means that all parts of a supported board need to work, and work properly.

> > With the right payload configuration,
>
> Nono, "arrived" means there are zero reservations.

Agreed.

> I spent a good hour creating a v3 that did nothing at all on my
> alix1c. Turned out to be a VSA blob formatting problem. It still
> can not use the CF.

I'm not seeing all these issues?

> Neither buildrom nor v3 actually include VSA blob and payload.elf
> when I run make. I forget where the zerofill option was, but that
> wasn't done either.

.... I don't know what the problem is you are seeing, but buildrom (v3) works
just fine for me. It generates an alix.1c image with filo payload and VSA
blob, which boots perfectly from CF (with the dongle). All built on Ubuntu
Gutsy 32 bit.

Config and generated image at

  http://ward.vandewege.net/coreboot/alix.1c-v3-working/

Toolchain issues? Your CF boots under the proprietary bios right? Are there
multiple alix.1c revisions?

> Oh and stuffing everything into build/ feels so unusual. I go
> looking for lar in all the wrong places (util) but that's just me.

I'm with you there :) It's weird and a bit annoying.

> > these systems work fine (unless you want to use those pesky ISDN
> > cards with horrible drivers). To be honest, I'd say we sidestep
> > the ISDN issue completely by using any other miniPCI card for
> > demos.
>
> Yes definately. But please keep in mind that the product is not done
> until it has been so polished that users mistake it for a mirror. ;)

100% agreed. By that reasoning, I don't think we have a single board that is
truly 'finished'.

Thanks,
Ward.

--