[coreboot] ADLO for buildrom

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu May 1 02:16:49 CEST 2008

Uwe Hermann wrote:

>>> The loader needs to be customized for each board, or we need to pass some
>>> information like RAM map from coreboot before that will work.
>>>

>> Which is why it really should, no, it has to be built into coreboot
>> itself. coreboot already has all the knowledge required for this.
>> Duplicating efforts that we did in C in another assembler chunk is plain
>> b0rked.
>>

> Full ACK, if this could be a snippet of C code in coreboot that would be
> fantastic!

The main question is who holds the know how on how to enable/disable
write protection and shadowing of the e and f segment.

And: Whether we need to care at all. Can't we just leave that space
writable and rely on the OS not trying to overwrite the machine's BIOS?
I would be surprised if any OS really tried that.