[coreboot] buildrom: optional delay to kexec fails

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Sat Mar 29 18:59:11 CET 2008

Hi Andi,

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 06:45:19PM +0100, Andreas B. Mundt wrote:
> in revision 125 of buildrom an optional delay before the LAB
> environment kexecs the on-disk kernel has been introduced. For me this
> does not work. There is neither a delay nor can I enter the busybox
> environment by pressing return. After showing the
> delay-press-key-message, the on-disk kernel is booted
> immediately. I use a 64 bit kernel in LAB. (The default one with amd64
> configuration.) What can go wrong?

Most likely you're missing

  CONFIG_ASH_READ_TIMEOUT=y

in your busybox config. It's necessary to make the '-t' flag work for the
'read' command. If you don't have CONFIG_ASH_READ_TIMEOUT set, 'read -t' will
fail with an error message, which seems to match the failure mode you
describe.

Thanks,
Ward.

--