[coreboot] Code flow from reset vector

Viswesh S viswesh_vichu at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 07:47:56 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 04:27:11AM -0700, Viswesh S wrote:
> I modified the makefile and copied the coreboot before the
> stripping to vis_1strip and then did an objdump.

>But why are you doing this anyway? Wouldn't it be easier to just look
> at the source code?

[Viswesh] The source code doesnt give you the functional flow.
Taking one example, if we look at entry32.inc, we cant see that the next function is fpu_start.

If we dump the elf file we can actually see the next function which is being called, one of the reasons why I looked at the assembly code.

I like to understand the assembly code also, but right now the utmost priority is to understand the functional flow.

Suppose you modify the linux bios, using linux how do u flash it to the chip ?

Do you have in system code for it (or) any tool which does it for you.

Is it  better that I write code to write the coreboot to the bios chip.

Thanks,

Viswesh

//Peter