[coreboot] filo booting cd problem

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Wed Mar 26 20:30:06 CET 2008

Quoting Phani Babu Giddi <phanig at gmail.com>:

> Yes I am using FILO with USE_GRUB=1 but while FILO is starting I press the
> 'Esc' key and later I key in the kernel and initrd parameters.
>
> The absolute path is /boot/i386/loader/linux for the kernel image and
> /boot/i386/loader/initrd for the initrd. Ofcourse I would have to add "hdb:"
> to the path.
>
> -Phani
>
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:12 AM, <joe at smittys.pointclark.net> wrote:
>
>> Quoting Phani Babu Giddi <phanig at gmail.com>:
>>
>> > # install
>> > label linux
>> >   kernel linux
>> >   append initrd=initrd splash=silent showopts

Ok then. So if it brings you to the filo shell (boot:) you probibly want this:

boot: hdb:/boot/i386/loader/linux initrd=/boot/i386/loader/initrd
splash=silent showopts console=ttyS0,115200n8

If it brings you to the grub/filo shell (grub>) then you would
probibly want this:

grub>kernel hdb:/boot/i386/loader/linux splash=silent showopts
console=ttyS0,115200n8

Press <Enter>

grub>initrd hdb:/boot/i386/loader/initrd

Press <Enter>

grub>boot

Press <Enter>

Your system will now boot right into the Linux install. Hope that helps:-)

Thanks - Joe