[coreboot] Device mapping problem

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 17:49:04 CET 2008

md: autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE.
VFS: Cannot open root device "hda1" or unknown-block(0,0)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(0,0)

your ramdisk is not loaded with the right .ko.

So the ext2 mount of the ramdisk works. The ramdisk itself is incomplete.

here's the mkinitrd I use when I really want it all to really, really work.

mkinitrd -v -f --with=usb-storage --with=libata --with=ata_piix
--with=sd_mod --with=scsi_mod  --with=usbcore --with=libusual $1 $2

for usage, man mkinitrd

ron