[coreboot] filo booting cd problem

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Tue Mar 25 14:08:16 CET 2008

Quoting Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se>:

> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 08:06:33PM -0400, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
>> > Try using the real filename on the disc. I don't know how FILO
>> > deals with ISO9660 extensions, filename casing and such.
>>
>> I thought that is what I am doing?
>> hdc1:/GEEXBOX/boot/vmlinuz initrd=hdc1:/GEEXBOX/boot/initrd.gz
>> root=/dev/ram0 rw init=linuxrc boot=cdrom installator
>
> As you may know, ISO9660 does not support case sensitive filenames,
> but I do not know if and how FILO will do case conversion.

Ok, I got it. I don't know why it matters but I just used hdc: instead
of hdc1: to boot the cd-rom.

Also, the documentation is a little misleading. If your using filo
with grub (USE_GRUB = 1), and want to boot to your linux install disk
you have to do a mixture of grub and filo. Like grub you have to
append a kernel (and parameters), then an initrd, and give a boot
command. Like filo you have to give absolute paths.

Thanks - Joe