[coreboot] Via VT82C686 (A/B) southbridge

Jacek Chruscik mercury at wirebros.com
Sun Mar 23 04:43:58 CET 2008

Hi,

Does anybody know how to deal with this southbridge: VIA VT82c686
I'm trying to port coreboot v.2 for FIC FR33E motherboard, but this
southbridge has the superio built in.
I don't have any datasheet for this chip.
coreboot-v2 has no option for such superio, and all I need to do is to
initialize serial port.
As a base I used via-epia code. The north is vt8601.

So far I generated PIRQ table, modified auto.c to recognize correct
southbridge, modified config.lb to initialize devices.

There is serial init function in vt82c686 source:

static void vt82c686_enable_serial(device_t dev, unsigned iobase)

but it requires 2 parameters, which I don't have  (called as early
serial init from auto.c):

static void main(unsigned long bist)
{
    unsigned long x;

    if (bist == 0) {
        early_mtrr_init();
    }
    enable_vt8231_serial(); //now it is called as: vt82c686_enable_serial
    uart_init();
    console_init();