[coreboot] [RFC] First K8 board to port to v3

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Mar 21 18:02:31 CET 2008

On 21.03.2008 09:29, Rudolf Marek wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> >>>
> >> I have datasheet for VT8237A and not for VT8237S. If it would take
> five weeks to
> >> get it :/...
>
> Ok, I managed to get it. Now I have datasheet for VT8237S too. We can
> freely
> choose a board of our choice. It has the SPI controller on it, perhaps
> first
> step would be to get the flashing working?

Yes, but the current flashrom SPI abstraction is rather unsuited for SPI
hosts which are different from the IT8716F. I will try to remedy that
over the course of the next few months together with ICH[789] SPI
support for flashrom.
Even after the flashrom SPI code has been restructured, it will be
difficult to implement SPI support without docs. AFAICS the VT8237S docs
are not yet floating around the net.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel
--