[coreboot] libpayload and coreinfo are checked in
jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu Mar 20 01:22:58 CET 2008
I am happy to report that finally, libpayload and coreinfo have been
checked into the svn tree:
The libpayload code is licensed as BSD, so it can be freely integrated
into your payloads without GPL concerns.
I'll edit the wiki over the next few days to discuss a roadmap for the
library, but if you are itching to hack, here are some quick ideas:
* Optimization for speed and size
* A wrapper script for gcc and ld to hide some of the uglier flags that we
have to use
* Better malloc implementation that could use an unlimited amount of memory
* A USB HID implementation for keyboard
* New library functions - think about what functions an average payload would
* Port one of the existing payloads to libpayload
* Add new features to coreinfo (ideas: nvram browser, ACPI table parser)
Special thanks to Uwe for all his hard work in helping make this BSD
Enjoy and happy hacking!
Systems Software Development Engineer
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
More information about the coreboot