[coreboot] [patch] SST25VF016B (2MB) flash on m57sli (IT8716F).

Ronald Hoogenboom ronald at zonnet.nl
Tue Mar 18 22:57:56 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 22:29 +0100, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> > > Yes, but how? Having a separate V2-board target afterall? Or
> Config.lb
> > > files specific for V1/V2 boards, where the V1 uses rom_stream
> > > (CONFIG_ROM_PAYLOAD=1) and V2 uses piorom_stream
> > > (CONFIG_PIOROM_PAYLOAD=1)?
> > > Which is the least ugly....
> >
> > Hrm. I'd like to avoid splitting up the targets, but perhaps we have
> to.
>
> I hope not. I fully agree that the code should _not_ be split if it's
> avoidable.

So, it's the options variant then...
Default should be the ROM_PAYLOAD, I presume.
That's OK for both V1 and V2 having the factory-fit 512K SPI.
For the V2 board, I can create a Config-v2.lb that has a LAB/Linux
payload and uses PIOROM_PAYLOAD in the targets/gigabyte/m57sli
directory.
All agree here?
How does buildrom-devel handle situations like this?

Ronald.