[coreboot] Device mapping problem

Klaus Stammermann klaus123 at ibnoetzold.de
Tue Mar 18 08:21:48 CET 2008

> Klaus Stammermann wrote:
>> Hi there
>>
>> Booting on my Via EPIA-ME6000 with original BIOS the installed OS starts
>> without any problems. But using my coreboot image it got a problem with
>> device mapping.
>>
>> I posted changes on my coreboot config here:
>> http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-March/031945.html
>>
>> At end of that posting there is this error description:
>> "But system does not booting at all. I think device mapping works not
>> correct. On booting system is checking sda. Some errors like:
>> exception Emask ... 0x2 frozen
>> soft resetting port...
>> configured for UDMA...
>> (... are inserted by me because I got this output only on display)
>>

> Can you send a full log?

After loading kernel by coreboot the system shows only output on VGA. So I
am looking for a possibility to log all this. On serial output there is
nothing after "Jumping to entry point...".

Of course on filo I give kernel two consoles as start parameter. But I
think the problem raises before serial output is reached. I will try to
get the output on anonther way.

It is strange, because kernel give some output of my device. Connect on
IDE it should be somethink like hda, but name of drive is shown for sd.
But kernel can't connect to it on sd (filo gets kernel on hda and there is
only one drive with one partition).

Klaus