[coreboot] Possible support for Lippert Cool LiteRunner

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Mar 12 23:41:50 CET 2008

On 12.03.2008 21:27, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 02:59:29PM +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>>> There's one so called tutorial
>>> http://www.coreboot.org/PC_Engines_ALIX1.C_Build_Tutorial
>>> which does not teach me very much.
>>>

>> The "Tutorial" is a misnomer and I'll probably rename all those
>> "tutorials" which are just verbose status pages to "status".
>>

> Please don't. Those pages should all be Tutorial+Status, but some are in
> TODO state and only contain a status table so far (which is more important
> anyway IMO, the building of coreboot is pretty much the same for most boards).

This is about truth in advertising. If a link for a board in v3 is
called "Tutorial" and all it has is the v2 status, the link is
completely worthless and we might as well remove the link. I will not
rename the pages, but the misleading links need to be fixed.

> But ideally, there should be more/extended board-specific information in
> addition to the status table for each board, of course.

So why not be honest with the reader in the first place and call the
glorified status pages "Status"?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--