[coreboot] Possible support for Lippert Cool LiteRunner

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Mar 11 15:39:18 CET 2008

On 11/03/08 13:59 +0100, Frans Grotepass wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We use the Lippert Cool LiteRunner in a commercial application. The POST
> times of the Lippert BIOS is DISMAL to say the least. The embedded
> system takes 11 seconds to the lilo/grub stage.
>
> I noticed that the Cool FrontRunner has some work completed, although it
> is not listed as a working board. The Frontrunner is basically a
> LiteRunner with some extra features.

Thats a Geode GX/CS5535 based platform, for those who don't know.

Official support for the GX/5535 isn't currently available, but the
Geode LX and CS5536 are supported and similar to the GX/5535 (the LX
is the newer version of the GX).  It shouldn't be too difficult to
add support for the GX, you can borrow much of the code from the LX.

There are some other people on this list who are also interested in
supporting the GX and 5535, I'll let them speak up.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer