[coreboot] qemu error message: "Unrecognized partitioning scheme"

David Edrich dsedrich at violin-memory.com
Thu Mar 6 18:46:17 CET 2008

[David Edrich] So I modified filo to use hda without the '3'. I got additional message mounted extfs2  - which is great I guess
then....
"unrecognized partitioning scheme"
"unrecognized partitioning scheme"
twice... then nothing.

So...Is there anything else to do in filo to make it boot raw?
We added the appropriate menu in the file system in the image.

Does filo recognize only a few partitioning schemes and could we be using then an unusual one?
All that we did was follow the instructions in the coreboot qemu wiki.
We did no special partitioning to create the image.

Thanks