[coreboot] first output: dbe62 and v3

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 18:57:42 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

>  Can we set up the power button in a way that makes it work always, then
>  change the setup in stage2?

you really don't want that button working pre stage2, because, if the
button is hardwired on, the machine turns off in 4 seconds :-)

So you don't want to "default enable" it. You want to "don't do
ANYTHING until you are sure". right now code is default enable, and I
had to comment that out to get dbe62 up.

>  > Need this to do stage2. Without it the 5536 won't decode PCI.
>  >

>  Did you mean stage1?

I don't think the 5536 is visible until you do this, i.e. is not
addressable? Is that what you meant Marc?

I am going to take this slowly. I am going to move power button to
stage 2, and make it a standard part of cs5536 bringup in stage 2. No
harm is done by delaying the enable of the power button, and I already
know lots of harm is done by enabling the power button too early.
Patch later tonight.

ron