[coreboot] first output: dbe62 and v3

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Wed Mar 5 18:28:57 CET 2008

Marc Jones wrote:

> ron minnich wrote:
>> attached. It dies and I'm sure it is bad ram settings, but it's a start.
>>
>> One thing I plan to change pretty soon: power button control can move
>> from stage1 to stage2, and power button control will be managed in dts
>> (another dts setting we would NOT want visible in Kconfig; you could
>> render a board totally unbootable and unrepairable with the wrong
>> setting. Kconfig should be for settings that are safe to change).
>>

> This would be great. It should be easy to add a dts item and call
> cs5536_setup_power_button or not. Moving it to stage 2 should be fine
> BUT until the power button is setup it won't work. Some people might not
> like that if you hang or delay somewhere prior to it being setup.
>
> You might be able to move a few of the following but most are needed to
> do the ram init and the others are a chicken/egg problem.

Thinking about this further... isn't this a problem for the dts since it
is pre static tree?  The simple way to handle this is to move the
cs5536_setup_power_button call from 5536\stage1.c to the mainboard
hardware_stage1().

Yes, the dts and kconfig are great for setting things up but sometimes
platform code is easier.

Marc

--
Marc Jones