[coreboot] first output: dbe62 and v3

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:58:03 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:

>  That depends on your goals. We once discussed how to fail over to a
>  initram/stage2/payload downloaded via serial. That can take a lot of
>  time. I seem to remember that some power button control on some Geode
>  boards has to be done in the first 4 seconds after poweron. That timing
>  constraint will bite us when downloading over serial. Of course, if I'm
>  wrong (or we can perform failsafe powerbutton control in stage 1),
>  discard my objection.

right, but the enable ENABLES the timeout. Safest thing to do is wait
until stage 2 at least to enable such things. I.e. later.

Although I see your point now. Sigh. mainboard_pre_payload?

We're finding that the device tree needs to span stage1 to
mainboard_pre_payload, now. We had not planned for this. We're going
to have to rethink it a bit.

If we do this it will clean a lot of things up.

Good work for denver.

ron