[coreboot] m57sli FAN control

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Mon Mar 3 22:51:50 CET 2008

All right, please find a revised patch attached that does not stop the CPU
fan.

Turns out that the original patch malfunctioned on both v1.1 and v2 of the
board if the it87 driver was not loaded. That driver fixed the settings,
which added to my confusion. It also explains why it seemed to work for me at
first, but then did not when rebooting (I was booting a different filesystem
that did not load the it87 module on startup).

Anyway, I'd be grateful for some testing of the attached. It does the right
thing on v1.1 and v2 of the board based on my testing. It does not set the
diode zero adjust temperature right yet for v2 of the board (it should be 0xfe
instead of 0xec). That could be done by adding a detection for the revision
of the IT8716F chip (v2 seems to have rev3, v1.1 has rev0), but I don't have
time to add that right now. It's not that important I think - but if someone
wants to contribute that change, please feel free. There are a few other
registers that should be slightly different between v1.1 and v2 but nothing
very crucial it seems.

Thanks,
Ward.

--