[coreboot] Probe missing on W49F002U

Jun Ma sync.jma at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 02:36:33 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 12:39 AM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is almost certainly an additional write control line on this
> board, and you will have to find it.
>
> It's not too hard to do, let us know if you would like to try.
>
> ron

Sorry for my delay.
I have a PCCHIP SIS530 board right in my hand, and datasheets for
SIS530/SIS5595/W49F002U.
but I haven't got any SCH or PCB files for this board,  maybe I should
read the W49F002U DS first?

when you talked about "an additional write control line on this
board", do you mean it was not the problem caused by the BIOS chip?
All SIS530/SIS5595 boards have the same problem?  Would
'amiflash at Win32' or other flash routings have the same problem?

PS: the original BIOS chip for this board is ASD AE29F2008-12, It also
can't be readed by flashrom(and the model was not listed in flashrom
README file).

Can you guide me in a better direction? I will try my best on this test.
Thanks.