[coreboot] flashrom issues??

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Mar 1 01:13:55 CET 2008

On 29.02.2008 20:21, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> [080229 20:13]:

"Might be SMM...", so this is not certain.

>>> The issue remained unfixed, I used a Galep5 to burn the flash chips.
>>>

>> In theory, this should be debuggable with DOS ports of the ICH GPIO dumper
>> and superiotool.
>>

> SMM based bios lock down? How so? It does not seem to be a GPIO issue in
> case.

If the lockdown is indeed SMM based, we can find out with superiotool
and the GPIO dumper (they will show no changes in GPIO configuration).
Then again, if you can ID the chip, it means you can write to it and the
only thing missing is setting the TBL# and WP# pins of the flash chip
high. Both pins are probably connected to some GPIOs, so unless SMM
protects access to the GPIO settings, flashing should be possible.
If the problem appears under coreboot as well, we can rule out SMM
protection, but not SMM flash enabling.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--