[coreboot] Intel rumers spreading??

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Mon Jun 30 18:28:37 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:18:47AM -0400, Joseph Smith wrote:

> Maybe it is just me, but it seems like lately there have been a lot of
> posts to the mailing list about, coreboot not supporting ANY Intel
> chipsets/cpu's. Is there rumors spreading around the mill??? If so we need
> to nip this in the bud, this is probably discouraging people that want to
> get involved with coreboot.

Well - look at it from the other perspective. Intel's being difficult. The
more obvious that becomes, the more they will be encouraged to change their
ways and become more friendly and open.

That being said, the correct statement is of course that we don't have
anything *modern* by Intel supported for lack of (unencumbered)
documentation. Unless I'm missing something, of course...

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator