[coreboot] Support to Intel CPUs

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Sun Jun 29 08:59:37 CEST 2008

Star Liu schrieb:
> I'm a little confused. We had a discussion in the coreboot IRC room
> yesterday. We thought that intel do not provide public information on
> how to initiate and test their chipset, so we are not able to provide
> support to those intel chipset in coreboot.
They might provide information under NDAs (non-disclosure agreements).
Other vendors also do that, but that's okay if someone is willing to
sign an NDA and if the NDA allows distribution of the resulting code
under the terms of the GPL, maybe after getting clearance from the vendor.

The issue seems to be that intel is less willing to do that than others,
and if they are, they seem to move rather slowly.

Regards,
Patrick Georgi