[coreboot] help with win-xp and legacybios/coreboot

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sat Jun 28 19:45:39 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have successfully installed and booted win-xp with coreboot-v2 and
legacybios under qemu.  Unfortunately, when I try to install or boot
win-xp with coreboot-v2 and legacybios on my via epia-m the system
hangs.

At this point, I don't know if the problem is related to coreboot and
its epia-m support, or if it is related to legacybios.  I've confirmed
that the hang does not occur inside the bios.  The last thing the
install reports before hanging is "Setup is starting Windows".

It would be helpful if others could try installing / booting win-xp
on real hardware.  If you can do this, please follow the directions
at:

http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-June/036108.html

Thanks,
-Kevin