[coreboot] Support to Intel CPUs

Star Liu minxinjianxin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 05:50:29 CEST 2008

sorry, i thought about another question about this issue, if intel do not
tell us how to run instructions on its cpu and chipset, how could linux run
on intel architecture? I'm a newbie, do not know firmware programming very
clearly, so ask this silly question here.

thanks!

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Tiago Marques <tiagomnm at gmail.com> wrote:

> AMD is open to sharing details and helping out - it even has two
> engineers on this mailing list, doing stuff and support. Intel? None.
> No docs, nothing.
>
> Best regards,
>                       Tiago Marques
>

> On 6/28/08, Star Liu <minxinjianxin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I checked the supported motherboard page, and found that support for AMD
> > CPUs is up to quad-core Opteron, while support for Intel CPUs is only up
> > PIII. Is it because we do not have enough time to develop for Intel CPUs
> or
> > we do not like to develop for Intel CPUs? It seems that, in China, Intel
> > CPUs sell better than AMD, I myself have never used AMD cpu computers, so
> > I'm a little curious. :)
> >
> > --

Homepage: http://starliu.9966.org, about Buddha, x86_64 CPU, Debian
GNU/Linux, UEFI/BIOS