[coreboot] Need help to get started

Star Liu minxinjianxin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 12:13:11 CEST 2008

Greetings!

I'm a newbie in the free software world(I was a web developer on the
microsoft .net framework for the past 4 years), though I have some knowledge
about programming, I'm not familiar with the develop environment of free
software. I have always been willing to develop free softwares, and I hope I
can join the coreboot development as my start.
Could you give me some suggestions so that I can get into the coreboot
development? Here is some introduction to my current skills.

1. I'm very interested in UEFI/BIOS development.
 2. Familiar with <Intel(R) 64 and IA-32 Architectures Software Developer's
Manuals> <http://www.intel.com/products/processor/manuals/>, the description
of Intel(R) 64 and IA-32 Architectures.
3. Program in x86_64 Assembly, C, C++ and C# Language.
4. Use Debian GNU/Linux Lenny AMD64 as my personal PC operating system.

Thank you!

Buddha Debian GNU/Linux UEFI/BIOS
Homepage: http://starliu.9966.org