[coreboot] USB debug cables and emulation

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Jun 26 16:44:48 CEST 2008

Joseph Smith wrote:
> Yeh I think the NET20DC is way to expensive anyways, unless your in a mass
> production environment.

It's 83$ at semiconductorstore. That's actually not bad for such special
equipment.

> I read somewhere you could make one, but I don't know how difficult that
> would be. I was always wondering if you could just use two USB -> Serial
> adapters with a null modem cable in the middle??
Nope, won't work. You need a USB device that explicitly understands USB
debug mode. In this mode you don't have to set up the BARs (ie no memory
required) to talk USB.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613