[coreboot] coreboot and U-Boot: a comparison

Ken.Fuchs at bench.com Ken.Fuchs at bench.com
Tue Jun 24 01:27:21 CEST 2008

Patrick Georgi wrote:

> I think, the main request here is to have the repo available over a
> "standard port" (yay, it's PHBs and BOFHs ruining the party again).
>
> We already provide the cbv2 repo over https (as documented on
> http://www.coreboot.org/Download_coreboot ), and it should be easy to
> provide the other repos as well. It should be easy to map
> them into the
> http namespace on coreboot.org, if that's truly necessary.

Yes, all source available from the Subversion repository via
http/https is what I'm mainly looking for.  Read only
access would allow update of a developer's current tree.

I actually advocated Subversion when arch was chosen a few
years ago.  Subversion is a good SCM, but a lot of open source
projects have moved to git.  However, if Subversion is adequate,
I see no pressing reason to switch to git.  There are some
nice tools to track source code at a high level via git though.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs