[coreboot] [RFC] coreboot Live CD

Ken.Fuchs at bench.com Ken.Fuchs at bench.com
Tue Jun 24 00:23:51 CEST 2008

Stefan Reinauer wrote:

> Can you post line 197 of printf.c ? It seems your source code
> is corrupt
> or something.

My NFS server and NFS client do not appear to be working.
It did not occur to me that NFS could be the problem,
since have used this server reliably for 2-3 years.

When I put the filo-0.5 source code on a Linux ramdisk,
it cleanly built filo.

> > ------
> >
> > I haven't previously reported my latest coreboot build issue.
> > Here it is:
> >
> > $ cd ./targets
> > $ ./buildtarget tyan/s2885
> > build_dir=tyan/s2885/s2885
> > No coreboot config script found. Rebuilding it..
> >   File
> > "/mnt/s2u1/atom/cb/coreboot-v2-3360/util/newconfig/yapps2.py",
> > line 418
> >     gen.write(indent, "elsf update(self, gen):
> >                                              ^
>
> Same issue here:
>
> The line in my source code is:
>         gen.write(indent, "else: ")

I copied the coreboot-v2-3385 source code to a USB
pen drive and it now builds cleanly.

> Your source code is seriously corrupted. How did you download it?

I downloaded it via Firefox and maybe the FlashGot plug-in
and associated wxDownloadFast download manager.  However,
it doesn't appear to have been corrupted by the download
itself.

As mentioned above, it appears to be a problem with my
"previously" reliable GNU/Linux (PPC Gentoo based) NFS
server or the NFS client of my most recent machine.
I manually started portmap on it, so perhaps that may
be related to may corruption problems.

Thanks to everyone who responded to this RFC, including:

ron minnich
Joseph Smith
Stefan Reinauer

I still think that a coreboot Live CD (maybe a Knoppix
remastering) would be a good way to promote coreboot
adoption.

Maybe coreboot on a DSL sized business card mini-CD?  Now
that would be an impressive card to give out at shows!

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs