[coreboot] [RFC] coreboot Live CD

Ken.Fuchs at bench.com Ken.Fuchs at bench.com
Mon Jun 23 18:36:34 CEST 2008

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 4:30 PM,  <Ken.Fuchs at bench.com> wrote:
> >
> > Another problem with LinuxBIOS and now with coreboot
> > is all the mainboards I tried to build or the even
> > the payloads would never compile without some serious
> > errors.  Hopefully, a validated coreboot Live CD
> > would solve this problem and increase exposure of
> > coreboot at the same time.
>
> Ken, no offense intended, but this is a vacuous comment absent logs of
> failed builds. But we'd love to see them.

I sent a log of filo-0.5 compilation issues nearly two weeks
ago as detailed in the following three URIs:

http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-June/035647.html
http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-June/035674.html
http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-June/035718.html

Thanks for responding to my filo-0.5 compilation issues as detailed
in the first URI above, but no one responded to my log in the final
URI above.

------

I haven't previously reported my latest coreboot build issue.
Here it is:

$ cd ./targets
$ ./buildtarget tyan/s2885
build_dir=tyan/s2885/s2885
No coreboot config script found. Rebuilding it..
  File "/mnt/s2u1/atom/cb/coreboot-v2-3360/util/newconfig/yapps2.py",
line 418
    gen.write(indent, "elsf update(self, gen):
                                             ^
SyntaxError: EOL while scanning single-quoted string
python: can't open file 'tyan/s2885/s2885/config.py': [Errno 2] No such
file or directory
./buildtarget: line 78: tyan/s2885/s2885/*/Makefile.settings: No such
file or directory
./buildtarget: line 79: tyan/s2885/s2885/*/Makefile.settings: No such
file or directory
$

I'm using snapshot coreboot-v2-3360.

Sincerely,