[coreboot] flashrom SC520 support

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Jun 22 20:18:44 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 07:20:22PM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> > Hm? You say strapped, to me that means controlled by board
> > design/jumpers. Is the address always set by hardware, and
> > then that address is readable in the PAR registers?
>
> I hint you to the SC520 manuals on AMDs web page.

Yeah, already had a look at some of them, nothing in the register
doc, but I didn't yet check the users's guide even though it is
supposed to detail BOOTCS# stuff.

> > I hope you agree that it is not so useful to spend time on adding
> > support for a 7+ year old board, which noone can test on, that has
> > already been compiled out of the utility by default since forever.
>
> Absolutely my point. This is why the current state is possibly the
> best it can get in this regard.
..
> That code worked fine when I last tested it last year, so there's
> absolutely no reason to remove it.

Fair enough!

If someone has a board with the SC520 and can help test, please speak
up so we can have a generic board enable. (Carsten, still tuned in?
Do you remember if you saw Stefan's board? I don't remember seeing it
when we packed but it was a while ago. :\ )

//Peter