[coreboot] r3378 - trunk/util/flashrom

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Jun 22 17:20:38 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 12:30:03PM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> >  clean:
> > -	rm -f *.o *~
> > +	rm -f $(PROGRAM) *.o *~
> >
> >  distclean: clean
> > -	rm -f $(PROGRAM) .dependencies
> > -
> > +	rm -f .dependencies
> > +
>
> Sorry, I don't like this ...

Don't like the self-ack or the actual change?

> it's not cleaning up but changing the behavior.

I agree this is a change in build system behavior and for that reason
it might not have been so nice to self-ack. However, it harmonizes
flashrom with pretty much every other tool I have built. It's not
very common for "make clean" to leave the binary around, thus I think
the change (making flashrom's build system more intuitive) is trivial
enough to self-ack.

As always I am very open to discussion!

//Peter